Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A Lot LIke Christmas!!!

The Robertson home was decorated for Christmas on Saturday and I am very happy with the results. We bought a new 7.5 foot tree last year which is WAY TOO BIG for our small room, but I LOVE it. Curtis and I had always used white lights until last year. We decided to switch to colored lights for JC, and I have to say that with the variety of our ornaments I am really happy we did. Our tree is very eclectic and colorful!
Yes, that is the Elf on the Shelf hanging on the silver cone tree! Santa sent him to watch JC on Friday, and let me tell you: I have seen a dramatic improvement in behavior since his arrival. Awesome!!! Our elf's name is Mark!
Some of my favorite ornaments on the tree: Bully and his bone (Of course... I will always love my Bulldogs no matter what!)

Santa holding the mistletoe over Mrs. Claus' head and stealing a cookie (This was one of the first ornaments Curtis bought me after we were married. I think it is SO CUTE!) This last one is called "Braveheart" and it was created in memory of September 11. Part of the proceeds from the sale of this ornament went to the American Red Cross. That day was so life-changing for so many people. I always think about their loss when I look at this beautiful heart.


I am happy that the decorating is done for us to enjoy throughout December! Most of the gifts are bought and wrapped, and I am looking forward to a fairly stress-free Christmas season this year since most of it is already done. Our family is really getting into the spirit. How about you?

No comments: