Friday, September 3, 2010

Frazzled... but blessed

I thought I would try to do a little therapy-blogging this morning.  In short - I am completely frazzled right now.  August, September and October are always my busiest months at work, but I am having to work harder now and put in more hours than ever to accomplish my work goals.  Ahh... Jesus, please just take this burden and show me the way.  I need to get my house back in order and spend time with my sweet family.

Speaking of family, Curtis has been Super Daddy!  With me working most weeknights and Saturdays, he has been taking the lead with the children. Dropping off, picking up, getting them fed, wiping noses and giving baths. Last night, poor Lucy had tuckered out and gone to bed before I got home.  :(  JC waited up for me though. :)  I did get a big smile from Lucy when Daddy brought her to me to feed her sometime around midnight. (I had slept tight through her yelling over the monitor which is right by my pillow.  Too tired? Yes I think so.)  She gave me a huge smile and looked like she was thinking, "Oh, here's my Mommy." :) 
Our sweet girls is 6 months old today.  She is such a joy!
JC started Kindergarten in August, and he is doing great!  His behavior has been wonderful, and he is learning a lot!  They are learning the D'Nelian writing style, which is totally new for me, but I am on board with whatever works!  He loves recess, computer lab, PE and art!  His school only has one assistant teacher for the 10 Kindergarten classes, so I plan to volunteer in his classroom a couple of hours here and there when my work schedule slows down.  I am so proud of him! 
JC on the playground at his school
Our family is so excited about MSU football beginning tomorrow evening!  Yay for being back in Starkville, for maroon and white, for Oby's and for cowbells!  We cannot wait!!!
What'cha got for us this year, Dan?!
This post started out very melodramatic and blah; but I do know how blessed I am!  I know that God provides and takes care of us even in the midst of the craziness of life.  I am lucky to have a job and a family that loves me more than ketchup. :)  Hey, I guess writing this blog was therapeutic after all!

Go Dawgs!

No comments: